Saturday, March 26, 2011

OK, CHARLIE SHEEN

I know just about everyone is way past finished talking about Charlie Sheen. But I have to go on record saying I feel for the guy. In my humble, non-expert opinion he is very ill. Listening to his ramblings and seeing him on TV it became obvious that he is caught up in delusion and grandious thinking, two major symptoms of bipolar disorder. His physical appearance, especially, points to drug and alcohol withdrawals at the very least. His excessive drug and alcohol use may have even triggered his mania. Or he's been self-medicating his mental illness for sometime. Maybe both. I do pray he gets the proper help and medication before he hurts himself and others. I'm relieved that most talk show hosts have stopped taking pot shots at him. I hope the media aftermath will include a serious discussion about mental illness and bipolar disorder in specific.

No comments:

Post a Comment